IBM System x3650- Dual-Core Intel Xeon Processors(1333 MHz front-side bus )/ Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processors/ 4 x8 PCI-Express slots/ 2x 64-bit 133 MHz PCI-X
Dual-Core Intel Xeon Processors (2x2 MB L2 cache)
- Improves productivity through higher processing performance.
- 1333 MHz front-side bus speeds information access within the system.
- Large cache size yields more transaction processing.
- Dual-core processing provides significant performance gains over single core.
Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processors (2x4 MB L2 cache)
- Delivers ultimate processor performance with eight cores using optimized L2 cache.
- Maximize multi-threaded applications for faster and concurrent execution.
Fast 667 MHz, Fully Buffered DIMM memory
- Match the high-performance speed of the Intel Xeon processors with new-generation, high-performance memory supporting optimized throughput.
- Online spare and memory mirroring provide customers with two ways to increase system and application reliability by allowing the system to continue operating even if a memory DIMM fails.
- Interleaved memory to improve application performance.
- Ultimate memory availability with Active Memory protection that features writing data concurrently to two channels. If a DIMM fails in the primary channel, it is instantly disabled and the mirrored memory is activated until the failing DIMM is replaced.
Online hot-spare memory
- Reliable memory availability with Active Memory protection that features setting aside one pair of DIMMs as online spares in case one of the other DIMMs fails.The spare DIMMs must have capacity at least that of the largest primary DIMMs.
Supports up to eight hot-swap Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) HDDs or six hot-swap SATA hard disk drives (HDDs)
- Up to 1.8 TB of internal SAS storage with six 3.5" drives.
- Up to 1.2 TB of internal SAS storage with four 3.5" drives and internal tape.
- Up to 4.5 TB SATA internal storage with six 3.5" HDDs.
Four available PCI I/O slots (four x8 PCI-Express slots of which two can be used for two 64-bit 133 MHz PCI-X slots)
- Provides expandability choices and the capability to increase I/O bandwidth for performance and productivity.
- Enables you to utilize PCI-Express adapters while you transition off the PCI-X standard.
Support for an internal tape drive option
- Protect valuable data throughput backup and arrive with an internal tape drive—leaving four available hot-swap drive bays.
Upgradeable I/O with support for PCI-Express
- Customers can upgrade their I/O with up to two PCI-Express (x4) adapters.
- Allows customers to achieve faster interconnect speeds than PCI-X 133 MHz.
Hardware-based integrated SAS RAID-0, -1
- Enhances system availability and data protection by supporting SAS HDD RAID without using a PCI slot.
Optional zero channel SAS RAID-5 or -6 via ServeRAID-8k adapter
- Take high availability to your HDDs efficiently without sacrificing performance with RAID-5 or -6 protection.
- New ServeRAID-8k does not require the use of an I/O slot—leaving more room for system availability.
- Helps provide advanced power notification and control, monitor power consumption, achieve lower heat output and decreased cooling costs.
TCP-IP Offload Engine
- Improve system performance by offloading protocol processing from CPU to a separate engine or code.
ntegrated dual Gigabit Ethernet
- Provides increased network throughput and redundancy with efficient slot-saving integration.
Integrated DVD-ROM drive standard
- Ease of system installation and software deployment.
Hot-swap/redundant power and cooling
- Reduces downtime by maintaining system performance if a fan/power supply fails.
- Reduces planned downtime by allowing failed fans/power supplies to be replaced without taking the server down.
Drop-down light path diagnostics panel
- Provides information about a failing component without interrupting system operation.
- Expedites hardware repairs to dramatically reduce service time.
- Provides a lighted path to failing component inside the system.
Remote Deployment with IBM Wake on LAN® and Preboot eXecution (PXE)
- Wake on LAN saves you time and money by providing the capability to remotely manage servers.
- PXE provides remote control of server initialization process, saving IT staff travel and dollars; designed to work with IBM Remote Deployment Manager.
Integrated System Management Processor
- Provides around-the-clock remote management capabilities.
- Increases server availability by continuously monitoring your system and notifying you of potential system failures or changes.
Support for optional IBM Remote Supervisor Adapter II SlimLine card
- Works in concert with integrated system management processor to provide even greater system control.
- Decreases downtime by allowing you to remotely perform systems management functions even when your server is powered down.
- Activates dedicated system management Ethernet port.
- Comprehensive systems management tools.
- Helps increase uptime, reduce costs and improve productivity via advanced server management capabilities.
IBM ServerGuide™ software
- Assists with the installation of operating systems and drivers.
- Gets your server up and running faster.
- Simplifies installation and configuration of your IBM System x™ servers.
IBM eServer System x3650. Processor family: Intel® Xeon®, Processor frequency: 3 GHz. Internal memory: 2 GB, Internal memory type: DDR2-SDRAM. Hard drive interface: Serial ATA II. Chassis type: Rack