Entry Storage System SS4000-E
Intel Entry Storage System SS4000-E
The Intel® Entry Storage System SS4000-E is an intelligent network storage solution for small office, medium office, and home network environments. Costing less than big file servers, the SS4000-E manages shared files by user names or groups, and features a client backup and recovery system.
The SS4000-E can connect to a Gigabit Ethernet network and support up to four Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) hard disks. This high performance solution is ideal for protecting valuable data and quickly restoring from a backup. With a convenient Web interface, the SS4000-E provides security by limiting access to shared folders by user or group level authentication. Complete and advanced data protection is provided through support for RAID Levels 5, 10 and 1.
- Data file sharing among Windows*, Linux* OS, and Macintosh* users, with user name, password protection, and managed access in local workgroups.
- Data Protection (RAID Levels 5, 10, and 1).
- Easy-to-use set up wizard.
- The backup and recovery application provides system backup, remote boot and recovery for Windows* clients.
- Can act as a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
- Can act as a DHCP client for easy network configuration.
- User-friendly Web interface for setting up users and access rights.
- Built-in FTP server provides convenient high-speed file transfers.
- Web-based management provides system information for disk usage, service status, RAID, system log and current connections.
- Can be used as linear storage or set up as RAID 0.
Intel Entry Storage System SS4000-E. Storage drive interface: Serial ATA. Internal RAM type: DDR. Operating system installed: Linux Kernel 2.6