Upgrade to Internet Security 6.0, NL Box
- Protection for email. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 scans email traffic for viruses according to the protocol via which it is sent (POP3, IMAP and NNTP for incoming mail and SMTP for outgoing mail) on any mail program, while plug-ins and treatment for viruses in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express mail databases are offered.
- Scanning of Internet traffic. All HTTP Internet traffic is scanned for viruses in real-time, ensuring that infected objects are not saved to the computer’s hard disk.
- Protection for file systems. Individual files, catalogues and disks can be designated for antivirus scanning. Users can limit antivirus scanning to critical areas of the operating system and startup objects to ensure that attention is focused on the most vulnerable areas of the system.
- Control over changes in the file system. With Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 it is possible to compile lists of applications, the component structure of which will be controlled, thus helping to prevent malicious programs from undermining the integrity of the application.
- Monitors processes in the memory. The product monitors the activity of programs and processes that have been launched in the computer’s memory and, at the same time, warns users of any dangerous, suspicious or hidden processes (that is, rootkits), and of unauthorized changes in routine processes.
- Monitors changes in the operating system registry. The application controls the status of the system registry and notifies users of any suspicious objects or attempts to create hidden keys in the registry.
- Blocks dangerous macros. Proactive protection affords control over the operation of macros based on Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Office documents and blocks dangerous macro-commands from being executed.
- System restore. The system can be restored after malicious activity. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 can roll back any changes made to the system by malicious programs.
Fast operating speeds
- Technology for accelerated antivirus scanning. iSwift and iChecker technology make it possible to limit scanning to new and modified files, or to limit scanning to potentially dangerous objects only. Antivirus scanning can be suspended during times of increased user activity to ensure that your computer’s resources are free for your use.
- Reduced update sizes. The size of updates downloaded to users’ PC has been reduced almost 10 times (now amounting to several tens of kilobytes) in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0, making our updates virtually instant.
Kaspersky Lab Upgrade to Internet Security 6.0, NL Box. Software type: Upgrade. Minimum hard disk space: 50 MB, Minimum RAM: 128 MB, Minimum processor: Intel Pentium 300 MHz. Compatible operating systems: Microsoft Windows 98 (SE) / NT Workstation 4.0 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Microsoft.... Media type: CD, Platform: PC, Language version: Dutch