My Book™ Premium Edition™, 160 GB, USB2.0 & FireWire
- Easy to set up, easy to use -- Installation is a snap because you don't really "install" this drive, you just plug it in and it's ready to use. There is no CD to install; the included software loads from the drive the first time you plug it in.
- Dual interface — For all-out, high-speed performance, FireWire 400 is the interface of choice. For convenience and compatibility among multiple computers, USB 2.0 is the way to go. How do you choose? With this drive, you don’t have to choose — you get both interfaces on the same drive.
- WD Backup™ software — We've provided software that makes backing up your data as easy as possible. With a few simples steps you can back up all your data files or just save your picture and music files. You can also set scheduled backups, so you don't have to think about it again.
- Capacity gauge — See at a glance how much space is available on your drive.
- Intelligent drive management features — The My Book drive turns itself on and off with your computer and Safe Shutdown™ prevents the drive from being powered down until all your data has been written.
- Smart design — The elegant case, iconic of a book, takes up less space on your desk, stacks horizontally, and allows two or more drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf.
- High quality hard drive — Inside the case is an exceptionally fast-ultra quiet, cool-running hard drive from Western Digital.
- Free Google™ software — Search your drive, manage your photos, and simplify Web searches with included Google software.
- High-speed backup of important documents and images
- Extra storage for your computer
- Automatic backups of your existing hard drive
- Archiving the music stored on your MP3 player
- Adding plenty of space for digital video capture and editing
- Saving and organizing your digital photo collection
Western Digital My Book™ Premium Edition. Hard drive capacity: 160 GB, Hard drive size: 3.5", Hard drive speed: 7200 RPM. Width: 56 mm, Depth: 143 mm, Height: 172 mm. Average latency: 4.2 ms, Power requirements: 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz, Read seek: 8.9 ms