Network Hard Drive 160 GB, 7200 RPM, 8 MB, Ethernet
Now it’s easy to share pictures, video, music and files in your home or office with WD’s NetCenter™ network hard drive. With just 3 simple steps you’re up and running.
- Plug in the drive.
- Run the wizard.
- Use WD’s EasyLink™ utility to set up NetCenter as a local drive on any computer.
With NetCenter you can…
- Centralize and share data in your home or office.
- Connect a printer and share it with any computer on the network.
- Create private, password-protected folders.
- Back up files from any computer on the network.
- Connect with Macintosh and PC computers.
- Access files any time, from any computer on your network, even when all other computers are off.
- Connect another external drive to add even more storage.
- Fast 7200 RPM, 8 MB cache hard drive.
- Reliable, cool, quiet operation without a fan.
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet connection.
- Uses Common Internet File System for platform-indepenedent file sharing.
- Includes WD's EasyLink utility to set up NetCenter as a local drive on any computer on the network.
- Dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) client for automatic assignment of TCP/IP addresses.
- S.M.A.R.T. monitoring of data on the NetCenter hard drive.
- Automatic power management when the NetCenter drive is idle.
- Kensington security lock connection.
Western Digital Network Hard Drive 160 GB, 7200 RPM, 8 MB, Ethernet. Hard drive capacity: 160 GB, Hard drive speed: 7200 RPM, Drive device, buffer size: 8 MB. Colour of product: Silver. Width: 55.5 mm, Depth: 239.9 mm, Height: 150 mm. Average latency: 4.2 ms, Minimum hard disk space: 10 MB, Minimum processor: Pentium III 500 MHz