The XM2's advanced technology delivers unrivalled image quality in its class
The XM2 improves on the market leading and successful XM1 in a number of key areas. It comprises of a brand new 1/4" 470,000-pixel 3CCD increasing image quality. Not forgetting a new manual control in picture adjustments and shooting adjustments even for professional users.
The XM2 includes a new high-sensitivity ¼" 470,000-pixel 3CCD for superb 540-line horizontal resolution and super low light performance. A new generation camera signalling processing LSI improves approximately 3dB in S/N ratio from the XM1. The result is an improvement in colour, low light performance, resolution and dynamic range.
The XM2 is equipped with a pixel shift system that boosts both resolution and sensitivity and allows users to achieve superb picture quality results.
The following picture adjustments have been greatly improved in the XM2.
· Colour gain adjustments, colour phase adjustments, sharpness adjustment and black level can be adjusted to desired value and up to 1 type of preset registration is possible.
· Custom preset - after picture adjustments, settings can be stored as a custom
· Slow shutter speed - XM2 can be set to slow shutter speeds to 1/6 of a second
· Gain control - gain can now be increased up to a maximum of 18dB
· Frame movie mode - frame mode can make progressive shooting at 25 fps. Footage with 1/50 slower shutter is very similar to fine cinema.
· 16.9 guides - allows accurate 16.9 framing when shooting so that image can be cropped.
The XM2 supports a direction-accurate stereo microphone that includes two non-directional microphones to give more precise stereo reproduction. Users can choose three types of frequency characteristics for the built-in microphone: normal, voice and wide-screen mode.
Additionally, a 2-channel manual audio level control where input level can be adjusted by a special dial and L/R level can be set for 2 channels. Audio-level meter with right-and-left independent 24-segment peak holder and the audio-level meter can be displayed in LCD and EVF.
An optional MA -300 microphone adapter allows the simultaneous recording of 2 independent channels from microphones with XLR connections. A BNC picture Out Terminal is also present.
The XM2 is equipped with a DV terminal for non-linear editing. By using a USB terminal, transmission of still images from a JPEG file to a PC is easy.
Canon XM2. Total megapixels: 4.7 MP, Sensor type: CMOS, Optical sensor size: 25.4 / 4 mm (1 / 4"). Optical zoom: 20x, Digital zoom: 100x, Focal length range (f-f): 4.2 - 84 mm. Compatible memory cards: MMC,SD, Camcorder tape type: Mini-DV. Display diagonal: 6.35 cm (2.5"), Display: LCD. Minimum illumination: 0.37 lx