StorStation LIB81 8-slot AIT-3 Rackmount Autoloader
AIT tape drives have proven incredibly popular with users, with more than 650,000 drives shipped since the first release in 1996. These drives underpin the security of IT systems around the world.
Optimum Rack System
Many offices that are packed with proliferating PCs can be streamlined by introducing the rack-mountable AIT tape library LIB81 The compact AIT format frees up office space with its high-density data storage and offers great investment returns as the storage volume increases.
There is a growing demand for efficient stacking of servers, storage, and network equipment in 19 inch racks to reduce TCO by maximising system expandability, use of space, and ease of maintenance.
Simple Operation from Web Browser or Front Panel
System set-up and monitoring can be carried out easily from a web browser on a client PC, or from the front panel. The tape cartridge is
controlled at high speed with supreme reliability thanks to the R-MIC reader installed by default in the AIT3 tape drives, facilitating recovery in the event of a system crash.
Key features and benefits
• 800GB native capacity
- High capacity in compact form factor. Ideal for backup of small
networks or automated backup of PC servers;
• High reliability drive (400,000 hrs MTBF)
- Improved performance with extended operational life;
• 12MB/s native data transfer rate
- Backup a full tape in 2.5 hours;
• Fast access time to data (< 35 sec)
• Barcode reader included
- Very fast initialisation and start-up;
• Web based monitoring
- Simple administration through network;
• AME binder free AIT media for cleaner read/write head
- Less head clogging, less cleaning required, resulting in higher
• Tape media read/write backward compatible with previous
generation AIT drives
- Easy upgrade path from AIT-1 or AIT-2 to latest generation protects investment;
• WORM media supported
• On-site service options available
Sony LIB81 StorStation. Native capacity: 800 GB, Compressed capacity: 2080 GB, Mean time between failures (MTBF): 400000 h. Burst transfer rate: 12 MB/s, Supported data transfer rates: 6 MB/s (native) AIT-2/12MB/s (native) AIT-3(sustained). Dimensions (WxDxH): 430 x 660 x 43.2 mm, Weight: 13.5 kg