ZyAIR G-5100 - 802.11g Outdoor Wireless AP & Bridge
ZyXEL G-5100 is a cost-effective and easy-to-deploy alternative to leased lines and 802.11g bridges. With comprehensive features and industrial-strength functionality, ZyXEL G-5100 offers outdoor connectivity with top-notch signal quality. The weatherproof and lightning protection design allows the G-5100 to extend network to outdoor locations, new buildings at a distance, or even challenging settings like hooking up with a network from across the street. Better yet, cutbacks from removing unnecessary leased lines will pay for the hardware investment quickly.
Performance Enhanced by Two 802.11g RF Cards
An outdoor dual 802.11g access point and bridge, ZyXEL G-5100 is designed for pure outdoor WLAN applications to provide flexible bridge functionality with two RF cards.
- It is a unique, easy-to-deploy approach allowing system mangers to setup AP and bridge application within one device.
- Both AP and bridge functions of the G-5100 can reach up to 500M reliably.
Critical Business Security and Reliability
The G-5100 supports the latest security standard such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) technology and IEEE 802.1x security for mutual authentication. It also offers enterprise-level security features like intra-BSS traffic blocking and Layer 2 isolation for better user privacy.
- As a Wi-Fi certified product, its encrypted data transmission is highly secured yet maintains excellent interoperability.
- 802.1x/EAP authentication supports high-level user management when mapping identity information.
- The Intra-BSS traffic blocking feature keeps clients from seeing each other.
- The Layer 2 isolation feature keeps clients of different APs from seeing each other.
Easy Deployment and Management
The WDS (Wireless distribution system) feature of the G-5100 enables easy deployment without wire connection, and the detachable antenna design enhances flexibility to meet customer demands for high-gain replacements; its PoE design also enables effortless deployment in various environments. Additionally, the embedded RADIUS server supports easy management and adjustable transmit power output for even more versatility.
- WDS with AP, AP+ Bridge and Bridge/Repeater features provides easy deployment without physical wire connection.
- Detachable antenna design allows administrator to adopt optional high-gain antenna for special environments.
- The PoE design eliminates the need for power sockets to improve deployment flexibility.
- The embedded RADIUS server on the AP can play the authentication server role in the network neighborhood.
- Transmit Power Control allows administrators to adjust the signal coverage level.
ZyXEL ZyAIR G-5100 - 802.11g Outdoor Wireless AP & Bridge. Data transfer rate (max): 100 Mbit/s, Management platform: Web-based. Management protocols: SNMP, Telnet, DHCP. Cabling technology: 10Base-T, 100Base-TX. Security algorithms: WPA,WPA-PSK, Authentication method: 802.1x/EAP, RADIUS, VPN support: VPN passthrough. Antenna gain level (max): 5 dBi